Avatar Mod 2 (also known as AV2 or Out of the Iceberg) is the Forge Mod to implement the Avatar Universe. It is a free, community-driven expansion for Java Edition Minecraft, which will add content from the television show Avatar: The Last Airbender. Players will have access to Avatar-related items, bending abilities, sub-bending, mobs, and much more to enhance the vanilla experience. The mod is combat-focused, which means a lot of work is done regarding balance and styles, 4 specialty bending styles, 32+ diverse abilities, flying bison, many animals, scrolls and progression, and much more. The next update for 1.12.2 will have a minimum of 40 abilities, completely rewrite how abilities function and add a new progression system. Development ideas can be found on Trello and progress updates are posted on discord.
Installation[edit | edit source]
Please see Av2:Install
- Bending Styles
- fhsru uMobs
- Avatar Command
- Upcoming Features
- Version History (click on a file to view its changelog)
- Useful links
Compared to ProjectKorra Plugin[edit | edit source]
Compared to the main plugin, Out of the Iceberg...
- is based on the Forge mod framework instead of Bukkit - the impacts of this are discussed below
- has GUIs and mobs, which aren't in the plugin
- must be installed on each player's machine before they can join a server as a result of the mod being developed on the Minecraft Forge platform
- has not finished development yet, which means it has less features than the plugin
Out of the Iceberg originally started development in June 2016 under CrowsOfWar. Over time, it had attracted many more contributors and recently merged with the main ProjectKorra network to combine forces.